Monthly memberships begin the first each month, $125 per month per dog includes whatever group classes, drop in and play times you can fit into your schedule. Annual memberships for 2022 include all family dogs, $600 per year ending February 2023. Indoor sessions in the barn/greenhouse at Whole Dog Camp are limited to four teams.
- Sundays and Tuesdays, 3 til dark Party Time! Our hostess serves up a weekly romp-through of games and play/training set-ups where members can drop and play at your own level and on your own schedule! Learn how to make the most of our many separately fenced training and play areas. Cone games, agility games, music, rally exercises, sniff work! Flexible drop in, play and go!
- Mondays 10am Canine Life and Social Skills MA Build on the basics! See https://youtu.be/eGv9kl364p8 for skills that will be developed. We may schedule meetups at other locations, depending on the interests of the group. 5pm til dark drop in to work on your Ph.d! This is the C.L.A.S.S. more advanced program. Flexible drop in, play/train and grow, train with as much space and gates as you need! https://youtu.be/q_cZgeAAmOw
- Wednesdays 10 am C.L.A.S.S. BA This is the “BA” level of the Association of Professional Dog Trainer’s Canine Life and Social Skills Class. (https://youtu.be/0ZpW0-gyFrk) Rolling enrollment! Train at your level. Sessions will include exercises from Control Unleashed and Jenny’s “Signal Training” exercises to helping communication flow more clearly between you and your dog! This program helps you prepare your dog to excel in the CGC test.
- Wednesdays 12 noon East End Beach Whole Dog Camp picnic or pack walk! We’ll play some Control Unleashed games, go for a group pack walk and take in the sights!
- Fridays 5 pm Freestyle and Social Skills We meet up in front of the big LLBean Boot. Bring a mat and a portable crate if you like, along with plenty of treats. We’ll practice games from Leslie McDevitt’s “Control Unleashed” program and from Jenny’s “Signal Training” workbook, practice relaxing and playing some freestyle exercises to music
- Saturday mornings Loose leash walking! If we need nothing else, we need this, am I right? Saturday mornings 9 am at Whole Dog Camp in Freeport
- Saturdays 10 am PUPPY PRODIGIES! Learn some of the best new games that are out there for puppies! Teach your puppy a language they can really understand. Puppy too young for group classes? You are welcome to audit until your puppy is ready to join us!
Color Coded Training Levels
|Discounts: Dogs earn the following membership, boarding, daycare and training fee discounts for training achievements: Green -10% Blue -20%, Purple/black -25%. Want to reduce your training costs even more? Become a training assistant!|
Orange dogs are typically newbies to training, and may need their space. Provide 6 feet of space around orange dogs and handlers. Newbies are on-leash except when training alone in a fenced training yard, or with instructor permission.
Green dogs have passed a Canine Good Citizen test and they may play and train off-leash during dog park hours and on-leash around other dogs and people. Green dogs can use areas marked for enjoying green dog privileges. Green dogs and handlers should understand a RMS and a Release signal, and practice their dog’s ability to able to rest calmly in an open or closed crate while the handler is nearby. Handlers’ should understand and practice safer and humane ways of handling their dog. Green dogs should be reinforced for “dropping” something when asked. Green dogs are learning to balance, rear end awareness, heeling, shadow handling, and cone work. 10% discount
Navy Dogs In addition to passing Green level response to cues, a navy dog understands hand and mat targeting, release and reward marker signals, conditioned encouragement, discouragement and NRM. Navy level handlers know how to teach their dogs to play two toy games, to target, tug, drop it, find it, retrieve, deliver, and one alert. Handlers understand safe dog handling and training on five basic agility obstacles (a-frame, dog walk, tunnels, jumps, table, tire, and weaves), they may independently train on all camp agility equipment and in our training fields. Navy bandana dogs should be able to walk nicely on a flat collar, and handlers should be proficient in handling their dogs. Navy dogs are able to relax quietly in a covered crate. Navy dogs handlers receive a 20% discount on Whole Dog Camp services and membership fee!
IN ADDITION TO PASSING LOWER LEVELS, black dogs have entered a clearly defined “career,” and can remain down around moving distractions, recall through moderate distractions, settle, wait alone quietly for 3 minutes, crate quietly for one hour, respond to 5 cues from a distance of 30 feet. These dogs are mentally healthy, happy and eager to learn with no severe behavior problems, they are conditioned to understand and use all four of the basic signals (RM, NRM, KGS, release cue) and as such they have full Whole Dog Camp privileges and 25% discounts for boarding, daycare, classes and seminars. Trainers achieving “black” status dogs may earn additional Camp credits and privileges by volunteering as training assistants.
Purple Dogs: Got a sweet old dog who really has no problems (and no big ambitions) beyond the need for a soft place to sleep in the sun? Sweet old dogs get a 25% discount at Whole Dog Camp. Dogs must be 9 years or older, and have approval of our head trainer to qualify.
Red dogs may have potentially dangerous behavior problems. Dogs that are evaluated as “red” level dogs must enter our muzzle training program, wear a wire basket muzzle, and remain leashed and under an individualized training program. Please speak with Jenny for details. We aspire to create a healthy and inclusive training environment where diverse trainers are supported in growing and sharing experiences with each other.