$130 Monthly membership allows you to register for any classes that fit your needs, learn to earn member discounts, get discounted private sessions and drop in and play (by appointment)! Join our supportive community for humane dog trainers and grow skills with your dog!
- Sundays, 3 til dark Party Time! Our hostess serves up a weekly romp-through of games and play/training set-ups where members can drop and play at your own level and on your own schedule! Learn how to make the most of our many separately fenced training and play areas. Cone games, agility games, music, rally exercises, sniff work! Flexible drop in, play and go!
- Monday evenings 5 pm Signal Training Workshop: Build a language your dog can really understand!
- Wednesdays 11am Canine Life and Social Skills MA Build on the basics! See https://youtu.be/eGv9kl364p8 for skills that will be developed. We may schedule meetups at other locations, depending on the interests of the group.
- Wednesdays 10am C.L.A.S.S. BA This is the “BA” level of the Association of Professional Dog Trainer’s Canine Life and Social Skills Class. (https://youtu.be/0ZpW0-gyFrk) Rolling enrollment! Train at your level. Sessions will include exercises from Control Unleashed and “Signal Training” exercises to helping communication flow more clearly between you and your dog! This program helps you prepare your dog to excel in the CGC test.
- Fridays 5 pm Canine Good Citizen – Urban We meet up in front of the big LLBean Boot, and other locations (TBD). Bring a mat and a portable crate if you like, along with plenty of treats. We’ll practice games from Leslie McDevitt’s “Control Unleashed” program and from Jenny’s “Signal Training” workbook, and play some games that will help prepare you and your dog to perform calmly and reliably in an urban environment.
- Saturdays 9 am PUPPY PRODIGIES! Learn some of the best new games that are out there for puppies! Teach your puppy a language they can really understand. Puppy too young for group classes? You are welcome to audit until your puppy is ready to join us!
- Saturday mornings 10 am Canine Good Citizen (APDT HS and BA levels)
- Saturday morning 11 am APDT MA level (prep for competitive obedience)
Color Coded Training Levels
|Discounts: Dogs earn the following membership, boarding, daycare and training fee discounts for training achievements: Green -10% Blue -20%, Purple/black -25%. Want to reduce your training costs even more? Become a training assistant!|
Orange dogs are typically newbies to training, and may need their space. Provide 6 feet of space around orange dogs and handlers. Newbies are on-leash except when training alone in a fenced training yard, or with instructor permission.
Green dogs have passed a Canine Good Citizen test and they may play and train off-leash during dog park hours and on-leash around other dogs and people. Green dogs can use areas marked for enjoying green dog privileges. Green dogs and handlers should understand a RMS and a Release signal, and practice their dog’s ability to able to rest calmly in an open or closed crate while the handler is nearby. Handlers’ should understand and practice safer and humane ways of handling their dog. Green dogs should be reinforced for “dropping” something when asked. Green dogs are learning to balance, rear end awareness, heeling, shadow handling, and cone work. 10% discount
Navy Dogs In addition to passing Green level response to cues, a navy dog understands hand and mat targeting, release and reward marker signals, conditioned encouragement, discouragement and NRM. Navy level handlers know how to teach their dogs to play two toy games, to target, tug, drop it, find it, retrieve, deliver, and one alert. Handlers understand safe dog handling and training on five basic agility obstacles (a-frame, dog walk, tunnels, jumps, table, tire, and weaves), they may independently train on all camp agility equipment and in our training fields. Navy bandana dogs should be able to walk nicely on a flat collar, and handlers should be proficient in handling their dogs. Navy dogs are able to relax quietly in a covered crate. Navy dogs handlers receive a 20% discount on Whole Dog Camp services and membership fee!
IN ADDITION TO PASSING LOWER LEVELS, black dogs have entered a clearly defined “career,” and can remain down around moving distractions, recall through moderate distractions, settle, wait alone quietly for 3 minutes, crate quietly for one hour, respond to 5 cues from a distance of 30 feet. These dogs are mentally healthy, happy and eager to learn with no severe behavior problems, they are conditioned to understand and use all four of the basic signals (RM, NRM, KGS, release cue) and as such they have full Whole Dog Camp privileges and 25% discounts for boarding, daycare, classes and seminars. Trainers achieving “black” status dogs may earn additional Camp credits and privileges by volunteering as training assistants.
Purple Dogs: Got a sweet old dog who really has no problems (and no big ambitions) beyond the need for a soft place to sleep in the sun? Sweet old dogs get a 25% discount at Whole Dog Camp. Dogs must be 9 years or older, and have approval of our head trainer to qualify.
Red dogs may have potentially dangerous behavior problems. Dogs that are evaluated as “red” level dogs must enter our muzzle training program, wear a wire basket muzzle, and remain leashed and under an individualized training program. Please speak with Jenny for details. We aspire to create a healthy and inclusive training environment where diverse trainers are supported in growing and sharing experiences with each other.